This website is operated by HARIO Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as "we" or "the Company"), to introduce the Company, a heatproof glassware manufacturer. Besides information about the Company, the website introduces devices to make coffee, tea and Japanese green tea, cooking utensils for microwave ovens, eating utensils, kitchen ware, spare parts, sake decanters and cups, aroma-related articles, and glass music instruments.
By using the website, customers indicate that they accept the following terms and conditions of use. Since the terms and conditions are subject to change without notice, customers are requested to check the latest content.
HARIO Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as "we" or "the Company") recognizes that it is an important social responsibility to protect personal information entrusted to us from our customers and to secure it reliably. To ensure that all of our board members and employees are aware of the importance and responsibility for management of personal information, promote compliance with personal information protection laws and regulations, handle properly the personal information held by the Company, as well as provide better products and services, we will promote the following initiatives to protect our customers' personal information responsibly.
* Personal information of customers inside the EEA
Regarding the handling of the personal information of customers located in the European Economic Area comprised of the EU member states, Iceland, Liechtenstein, and Norway (hereinafter these countries are collectively referred to as the “EEA”) (hereinafter referred to as “personal data”), the Company complies with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter referred to as “GDPR”) and the related laws and regulations, and stipulates the policies for handling the personal data of customers as follows.
1. Personal data utilization purposes
The Company utilizes personal data for the following utilization purposes.
• Application reception, provision, contact and management regarding the services and products, etc. of the Company
• All operations auxiliary or related to application reception, provision, contact and management regarding the services and products, etc. of the Company
• Responding to inquiries from customers, or inquiries from the Company to the customers
• To contact the customers about changes to our website and other services
• Provision of a full range of after-sales services
• Notice, operation, and management of a full range of events/campaigns and provision of a full range of information
• Applications for free gifts, shipment of prizes
• Implementation of questionnaires regarding the services and products of the Company
• Improvement of the services and products of the Company and development of new services and new products
• To detect and prevent fraud and other crimes pertaining to money
• To ascertain the status of delivery of advertisements, measure the effectiveness of advertisements, and display behavioral targeting advertisements
The analytical results that the Company provides to third parties does not contain any information that can identify individuals.
2. Acquisition of personal data
The Company may acquire the following personal data from customers utilizing our website.
• Full name, age, sex and details of address
• Email address
• User name and password
• IP address
• History and content of transactions with the Company
• Information regarding the opening of emails delivered to customers
• Information regarding the URLs in emails delivered to customers which are clicked on by the customers
• Information about the browser, operating system, platform, etc. customers use when accessing our website
• Public profile data on social media
The Company gathers personal data in the case the following actions were taken by customers utilizing our website.
• In the case that a customer registered on our website
• In the case that a customer purchases a product
• In the case that a customer applies for events/campaigns, cooperates with a questionnaire, or applies for a free gift or prize
• In the case that a customer makes an inquiry to the Company about the Company’s services
• In the case that a customer posts a photograph or posts a comment on social media
• In other cases in which a customer utilizes our website
3. Consent to the handling of personal data
4. Social media (the account of the Company)
The handling of personal information posted to each of the social media platforms shall be in accordance with the privacy policies of each of the social media platforms.
5. Non-disclosure of personal data to third parties
We will not disclose or provide the personal data provided to us to third parties without the consent of the person who provided the data, unless exceptional handling is permitted under laws and regulations, rules, or as stipulated by the Company.
6. Demands regarding the handling of personal data
Customers may make demands regarding confirmation, correction, addition and deletion, restrictions on processing, filing objections and data portability with regards to the personal data held by the Company, in accordance with the provisions of the related laws and regulations.
Furthermore, a customer may file an objection regarding the processing of the personal data of the customer to the data protection authority that has jurisdiction over the location of the address of the Company or the customer.
When a customer wishes to disclose any personal information, we will confirm the customer's identity, before disclosing the personal information he/she requests.
7. Transfers outside the region of personal data
In the case that the Company transfers personal data to a third party located in a country outside the EEA*, we will take the necessary and appropriate measures regarding the protection of personal data, in accordance with the content stipulated by the GDPR.
When we receive the provision of personal data from customers, we ensure safety by applying encryption of personal data using SSL (secure sockets layer), an encryption technology, or a security technology equivalent to this, to prevent unauthorized access by a third party during data transmission. Furthermore, we will endeavor to secure the safety of the personal data of our customers by installing a firewall, taking measures against computer viruses, and taking other reasonable security measures in order to prevent leakage, misappropriation, alteration, etc. of personal data due to unauthorized access by a third party.
9. Utilization of cookies
In our website and mobile app, there are pages that use a technology called “cookies” so that our customers can utilize our website more conveniently when they visit our website again. “Cookies” are an industry-standard technology that identifies the computer of each customer. Customers may use their browser settings to disable the functions of “cookies” but as a result it may become impossible to utilize all or some of the services on our website.
10. Inquiries desk
For personal data inquiries, etc. based on laws and regulations from the customer who is the individual identified by the data, please contact the desk below or sent in the inquiry by post.
9-3 Nihombashi Tomizawa-Cho, Chuo-Ku TOKYO 103-0006 Japan
HARIO Co., Ltd.
HARIO Co., Ltd.
The following acts are prohibited on our website or regarding information posted on it:
1. Acts that reprint all logos, trademarks, images, and pictures used on our website without permission.
2. False declaration or notification, such as registering false email addresses on our website.
3. Acts that defame the honor or trustworthiness of any third party or the Company.
4. Acts that use or transmit or may use or transmit a harmful computer program such as a computer virus.
5. Any other acts that violate or may violate laws, regulations, or ordinances.
6. Any other acts that the Company deems inappropriate.